Triangle’s Employability 31st Annual Employee Recognition Celebration

We were honored, enlightened and educated when we photographed the 31st annual employee recognition celebration for Triangle’s Employability at the Putnum Club in Gillette Stadium last week.

Before we share some photos with the event, take a moment to click on the links above, and read what Employability is all about. Located in Braintree, Mass., Employability empowers people with disabilities to enjoy rich, fulfilling lives. They are committed to helping the world recognize that we are all people with ability. Check them out at PeopleWithAbility.org.

The 31st annual employee recognition award went to Lenny Kaplan. Lenny has been working with Employability for over 9 years. One of the many things that was said about Lenny that night: “Lenny’s committment to his job and compassion for his fellow employees is an inspiration to us all.”

Lenny Kaplan (right, holding his award) with Triangle CEO Michael A. Rodrigues.

Employability is about 90% self sustaining by way of the products the manufacture and sell. They do not rely on a single dollar of government support. The other 10% is met by donations and events. There was a fabulous silent auction held at this event. Check out some of the action.

Shhhhh… silent auction bidding in progress!

There were 3 live auction items bid on as well, including an autographed Tom Brady jersey. Bidding was fast and furious for all 3 items. Everything bid on was generously 100% donated.

The live auction saw an autographed Tom Brady jersey go to the highest bidder, as well a Red Sox luxury box and a weekend stay in Rhode Island.

2012 Miss Wheelchair Massachusetts was a guest, and even sang a couple of songs during the evening.

Left: Miss Wheelchair Massachusetts, Patti Panzarino, took time out for an interview.
Right: Lenny Kaplan poses in front of the Patriots’ Gillette Stadium field.

It was a night about accomplishment, infinite possibilities and self confidence. 2009 award recipient Trevor MacLeod spoke about the company he loves, and CEO Michael Rodrigues spoke to the crowd about all the wonderful employees at Triangle.

(left) 2009 award recpient Trevor MacCleod addresses his fellow employees and other guests.
(right) Traingle CEO Michael A. Rodrigues follows up with inspiring words of wisdom.

Employees and guests were treated to a tour of Gillette Stadium, going down through the tunnels, in the locker room, and out onto the field.

On the field and through the tunnels, a tour of Gillette Stadium was a treat for all who took part.

One of the amazing things about our job is that we never know where it will take us, and what we will learn. This night we learned about a local company that affords people of all abilities the chance to shine.

2 comments on “Triangle’s Employability 31st Annual Employee Recognition Celebration

  1. On behalf of the entire Triangle community, our heartfelt thanks for beautifully capturing Employability’s 31st Annual Employee Recognition Celebration. Joe has great vision behind the lens. He is professional, talented, and delivers. He was able to capture the true celebration of our Employee of the Year event and show others that we are all people with great abilities. I look forward to working with him on many future events.

  2. Thomas says:

    Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really
    useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s